On the Forefront of Innovation
University researchers create more than cutting-edge cures and therapies in their laboratories. They create a better world for all of us - every day.
What We Do
IP Advocate is dedicated to assisting academic researchers throughout the development, technology transfer and commercialization of their intellectual property. We seek to provide information you need in order to preserve your rights in your innovations and to foster ongoing inquiry and benefit to mankind.
Why We Do It
Researchers in today's knowledge economy have concerns beyond the scope of their life's work. Research is pure science. University Intellectual Property policy, employment agreements and the patent process are law. Technology transfer and commercialization are business.
University researchers must now navigate arenas outside of their core focus and competency. IP Advocate wants to equip you with the tools you may need to do this successfully.
We at IP Advocate understand the importance of your research. University research is responsible for:
- Eradicating polio in the U.S. and other countries
- Powering the rockets that put man on the moon and soon onto Mars and future space exploration
- Peering into the very core of all of us with MRI technology
- Slowing the ravages of HIV/AIDS and work towards its cure
If the rights in the work of university researchers is not preserved and protected in the process of disseminating their innovations, all mankind will suffer.
Who We Are
IP Advocate is a philanthropic organization dedicated to equipping the academic research community with critical information needed to understand and traverse the complex flow of policy, law and procedure from innovation through technology transfer and commercialization of intellectual property.
IP Advocate has accumulated numerous and varied resources to equip and inform university researchers and all other interested parties.
What You Will Find Here
- A glossary ranging from basic Intellectual Property terminology up to more complex contractual terminology
- A storehouse of authoritative information on laws, litigation and other current events related to Intellectual Property issues
- A catalog of Best Practices resources from top research universities
- A selection of Case Studies representing cautionary tales in university research as well as what can be accomplished when a university chooses ethics over profits
- And much, much more...